Hoist Safety Awareness Training
Our 60 minute training module will introduce you to the many types of automobile lifts used in the automotive industry as well as the safe operating practices of such. There are many types of lifts used in the automobile industry used to accomplish different tasks or suited for vehicles one is working with and it is important to understand which lift is appropriate to your situation as well as how to safety use them. Accidents are likely to occur as a result of misuse, carelessness and/or general neglect.
This module is intended to teach you about the many classifications of lifts, safety precautions on how to use lifts, the maintenance of lifts, personal protective equipment required for use of lifts as well as the responsibilities of employers under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
It is important to note that this program is an AWARENESS training program and further training is required for specific automotive lift equipment an individual is working with.
Outline of the Hoist Safety Awareness Online Training Module
- Workplace party duties in accordance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Regulations in regards to operating automobile lifts
- Identifies the different classification of lifts
- Identifies safety precautions on how to use lifts
- Introduces hazards that could arise as a result of operating automobile lifts
- Introduces maintenance of lifts
- Introduces personal protective equipment used for lifts