Our 60 minute module will teach you the importance as well as all the health risks involved with Back Care for Healthcare and will provide you the knowledge about how to protect yourself from injuries, understanding back pain, warning signs, as well as measures to control pain.
The Back Care for Healthcare course is intended for workers that provide care to clients or residents in Health Care facilities or provided by Home Care in their normal daily work routine. This program is intended to identify the hazards related to equipment design, maintenance, facility design, posture and awkward positions in the healthcare field.
- Reviews Employer’s Responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Health Care and Residential Facilities Regulation 67/93
- Reviews the Supervisor and Workers Responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Reviews the structure of the back
- Reviews lifting or moving methods of patients / residents
- Identifies prevention methods
- Identifies lifting risk factors and hazards for the healthcare worker
- Identifies Equipment design and maintenance issues
- Identifies measures to control pain
- Identifies techniques on how reduce safety hazards
- Identifies workplace control on minimizing risk
- Relevant legislation