This module is approximately 90 minutes long and you will gain all the theory of entering a confined space, however, you must complete a practical training before entering a confined space.
The confined Space Entry Awareness Training program will help you understand the dangers and risks of a confined space.
Confined space can be found practically anywhere, therefore, it is essential for anyone who enters a confined space to take precautions and be aware of the potential hazards.
This training program will inform workers of confined spaces and why they are of such concern.
Within this module, you will also gain knowledge on the legislation including worker and employers responsibilities, the potential hazards associated with entering a confined space, the importance of completing an atmospheric test, and the engineering and administrative hazard controls to look for.
- Introduction to what a confined space is
- Confined space statistics
- Causes of fatalities in confined spaces
- Explanation and review of the confined space assessment
- The hazards associated with a confined spaces
- The conditions in a confined space that lead to fatality
- What to look for when dealing with confined spaces
- What atmospheres are acceptable when working in a confined space
- Different oxygen levels and atmospheric levels
- What is required before entering a confined space
- Who are the people involved in a confined space entry
- The best recue strategies when dealing with confined spaces