This 40 minute module is in compliance with the OHSA rules and regulations and it also exceeds MOL (Ministry of Labour) mandatory training requirements.
OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act) is designed to protect the workers against the health and safety hazards in the workplace. It will spell out all the rights and responsibilities of all the parties.
The Workers Health & Safety Awareness program will assist the workers in identifying and understanding their role. It will also guide the workers in to understanding the fundamental principles for day-to-day administration of the OHSA issues.
This program will help workers identify and interpret the major components of the OHSA. The workers need to be able to relate the components back to their work environment; also they need to be able to interpret the guidelines.
- Definitions in accordance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Identifies seriousness of complying with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Reviews Internal Responsibility System
- Defines duties of Employers in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Defines duties of Workers in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Defines the “3 Rights” of workers
- Identifies ministry powers of enforcement
- Reviews safe work practices’
- Identifies potential hazards in your workplace